Thursday, June 26, 2008

Book recommendations

My original idea was that we could take turns choosing which book to read each month, but we should all agree on the selection. (For example, I put my foot down at Dan Brown's novels). There are some members who don't know which book to pick either. You can find reading lists on Amazon or similar websites. On this post we can toss out ideas of books to read and discuss the choices. It would be nice if those selecting books could choose something they haven't read more than once (if at all!) and that the rest of us haven't read.

I've already chosen a book, but two suggestions I'd make for future reads are Confederacy of Dunces and House of Leaves. What are your ideas?

1 comment:

JJ said...

Hello All,

At the last meeting I suggested Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier. This was
made into a movie however I have never seen the film. I found the book a wonderful read. It contained unassuming insights into life along with a fascinating story set in the time of American civil war. A great story of resourcefulness, survival, love, single mindedness, friendship...the list goes on. A little more on the serious side however, although there are humorous parts, perhaps to be sandwiched between two more light hearted reads.

Julie Jones